Trauma Center Trauma-Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY)
- Trauma Center Trauma-Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY) is an evidence-based clinical & complementary treatment for traumatic stress symptoms. TCTSY helps to restore mind and body connection that has been altered due to adversity and/or mental health disorders.
- TCTSY is different from traditional yoga styles in that the experience is geared toward the participant.
- TCTSY is composed of gentle, mindful movements with opportunities for participants to practice making choices with their body.
- Several Guiding Principles of TCTSY include:
- Present Moment Experience
- Shared Authentic Experience
- Sarah Swirsky, MSW, LSW is excited to introduce TCTSY to prospective clients. She believes strongly in mind-body interventions and is passionate about working in collaboration with clients towards their recovery.
- Can be an out-of-pocket cost for individual (private) sessions:
- 20-minute sessions: $30 / 30-minute sessions: $40
- Can be incorporated into talk-therapy sessions with Sarah Swirsky and billed to insurance with possible copays:
- 5-15 minute yoga session at the beginning or end of talk-therapy sessions
- Fairlawn Office
*Prices are subject to increase after the pilot program. Group classes to be offered in the future.